top of page
EASY RECIPE - SPINACH RISOTTO
(you can use this same recipe with any
other leafy vegetable -such as kale, bok choy, beets,
arrugula, radicchio, etc.)
You need for 4 servings:
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth, or vegetable stock
1 ½ cups arborio rice
olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese
1) In a medium pot bring the stock to a boil over high heat. Remove the pot from the heat and keep nearby.
2) Heat some olive oil in another larger pot, add garlic, stirring frequently, until translucent.
3) Add spinach to this second larger pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach looks like a mixture ready to eat (about 10 minutes).....
Add salt, and pepper
4) Add the rice on top of the mixture and stir until fully coated in the spinach mixture. Let the rice toast for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add 1 cup of the hot stock and stir frequently to combine the spinach mixture with the rice and the chicken stock.
6) When the stock is absorbed, keep adding more, little by little, stirring continuously, until the broth is fully absorbed, for 15-20 minutes (there may be leftover stock -you don't need to use it all).
7) At the end you can add some "panna" (cooking cream), or butter to make it creamier (but less healthy!) Once the rice is al dente, remove from the heat. Add grated parmesan cheese.
BACK TO MY RECIPES
bottom of page